Saturday, January 24, 2009

Last Homecoming

Today (or last night if you want to be technical) was my last Whitney Homecoming Game. And it was one of the most LOL-worthy games evarrr (in a good way). This is mostly a fotoho post, since I'm kinda lazy about everything that went down. Basically, Whitney owned Oxford, as expected, and Frances Castillo was elected Homecoming Queen. My personal favorite part (other than the almost-fight) of the entire night was when it was like a time out or something and oxford was down about 15 points (?), and they were yelling shiet about our team, so we responded by pointing to the scoreboard. Which they responded to by shouting "Second in the nation!" I kinda laughed my ass off on that one. Oh gads. Wow. Score for Mr Jeans (he predicted it).

Also, omg, the decorations? What the hell is ASB doing? I was so blown away by ERRRthang! From the walk into the gym to the whole gym itself, the whole egyptian theme was amazing. Not even kidding. I was so captivated by the paintings/posters that I forgot to take pictures of them (a lame excuse - I was busy trying to figure out a way to get into the game with only $1 -thanks Jennay! :3).

More random trails in my brain: the anthem quartet was surprisingly good! it was a bit weird at first, but they pulled it off like flying colors on a piece of cake; the cheer routines were scarier than usual. Freaking Erica! That flying eagle thing made me cry (almost). I have some vids of a couple of the routines, but they take so long to upload~; Oxford was really rude. I remember them saying after Frances was crowned "That's all??" We were probably all thinking the same thing, but wow, someone from the other school saying it? Damn. Go OA (away - yes I stole that from... someone.)

anyway, here are some dibujos.



The color in all the photos I have are really off. I am so ashamed. But the lighting in the gym is so terrible. Anyone who's tried to take pix in there knows.



Lovely Frances and her poppa. Congratulations! (just wondering, if you go to college somewhere far and can't come to homecoming next year, who does the crowning?)



A manly team warm-up. I can smell the testosterone. *yeck



We're seriously the most united when we're drumming our feet and yelling "AIRRRBALLL!!"



Twenty points = Pwnage. At times like these, I'm pretty glad there's a school like Oxford in our league. Beautiful.

okbb!

1 comment:

  1. i love your pictures (:
    ive told you that like 2384230948162 times already ahhaha

    ReplyDelete