Saturday, March 7, 2009

FlashBack

(Warning: This is a total nostalgia entry)

Today was the first track meet of the 2008-2009 season.

and wow. Being a senior is WAY WEIRD. I don't know, maybe it was because it's because that this track meet was the first one I ever went to back in ninth grade. Oaks Christian High School is located in the affluent hills of Thousand Oaks, and it makes all Whitneyites jealous due to their stellar facilities and wealthy contributors. Anyhow, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around being the "old ones." I kept seeing things at the meet that I remembered from four years previously. There were the boys playing their little portable videogames; back then the in thing was the PSP, now I guess in the picture above they're playing hockey on an iPhone. -_- I remember running the 100m dash and 4x200m relay and Shelley freaking owned me and made me a little bit sad. Now I throw shotput and discus and get sad because girls can throw 40ft and 105ft. Don't mess with these girls, they can probably put a hole through you (I can't). Letsee what else... I see freshies and sophs doing things I used to do and now I think they're lame. I don't know, everything's different, but it's kinda the same. I mean, look at this photo from the team 06.
Now look at a sample of the people in track 09.

How many people are in both photos? Exactly ZeRO. People have gone, people have come, new grades have come in, old grades have graduated...
And now we're gonna graduate in a little more than three months.
It is the beginning of the end.
HAHA did I make it dramatic enough? I tried so hard... xP
*sigh yeah I just remembered that daylight savings is tonight and I have to work on the Palmieri presentation. Then finish two math homeworks. And then study for econ. Because who knew supply and demand and equilibrium and shifting was so hard to understand? >:[
freaking second semester! it don't feel like it!

1 comment:

  1. OH MAGH I LOVE TRACK AND FIELD! AH NOSTALGIA! Yeah it's weird how we entered the sport with a huge family, and then 4 years later we have completely different family members, but it feels saaaaame.....

    Oh snap I should say that in banquet.

    LIKING THE PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete